You are probably aware that communication is much more effective when you segment your audience.
There are a number of ways to segment an audience: by demographics (e.g. age, gender, location), by action (e.g. subscribed through a landing page, opened an email, clicked a link), by behaviour (e.g. how much the customer spends, how often they buy, RFM segmentation)... or really, any other way you want.
For this last option, you will use tags.
In this article, you will learn why you need tags, and how to use them in edrone. If you're looking for something specific, jump straight to what you need:
- Why use tags?
- How to use tags in edrone
- How to add a new tag
- How many tags can I add?
- How can I assign tags to customers?
- Where can I use tags in edrone?
Why use tags?
Our marketing automation scenarios will usually allow you to personalise newsletter content for your target audience. For example, "big spenders" will get one kind of email, while "low spenders" will get another.
However, sometimes you might need to customize your database segmentation a bit. For example, you might want to send press-releases to journalists, or you may have two kinds of customers (e.g. retail and wholesale).
In such cases, tags are extremely helpful. They are:
- Customizable: you can choose any name you want, and organize your clients by any parameter you need.
- Flexible: you can easily add, edit or remove tags from a contact or from your Mission Control.
- Non-exclusive: you can apply multiple tags to the same contact in order to include that person in different segmentations.
- Versatile: tags can be used in different engagement scenarios in edrone.
How to use tags in edrone
How to add a new tag
To begin, log in to your Mission Control and go to CRM > TAGGED.
There will be a grey box on the top of the page. To add a new tag, click on the "Add tag" text, write the name of your tag, and click the Add button
All of your tags will be visible as a yellow label.
How many tags can I add?
edrone has a limit of 63 tags. For this reason, it is a good idea to use only meaningful tags, and keep your tag list clean.
To delete a tag, click on the bin 🗑 icon right next to its name.
You will find all deleted tags in the “Deleted tags” section, and they can be restored by clicking the recycle ♻ icon.
How can I assign tags to customers?
There are two ways of doing that:
- Importing the contacts database with tags previously assigned to particular contacts, or one tag assigned to the entire database. Click here to learn how to import a contact database into edrone.
- Adding it manually to each client by opening the customer's profile, choosing a tag from the "Add tags" drop-down many and clicking the Add button. Please note that, before you apply a tag to a customer, first you need to add that tag into the edrone system (see "How to add a new tag" above).
Where can I use tags in edrone?
You can use tags segmentation in the following scenarios:
- Dynamic Newsletter
- Newsletter A/B
In the AUDIENCE section of these scenarios, you will choose TAGGED from the "Audience type" drop-down menu. Then, on the "Tags" drop-down menu, you will have three options:
- ANY: if you choose "Tag A" and "Tag B", the message will be sent to customers which are tagged with either one of these tags.
- ALL: if you choose "Tag A" and "Tag B", the message will be sent only to the customers that are tagged with both of these tags.
- EXCLUDE: if you choose "Tag A" and "Tag B", the message will not be sent to the customers with either one of these tags.
Need more help?
If you have any further questions about Tags, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com